The history of First Assembly goes back almost 90 years when our church was founded through "cottage home prayer meetings" in the village of Brave, Pennsylvania.
Evangelist Walter C. Long, from Flintstone, Maryland, conducted evangelistic tent meetings in Brave during the summer of 1930. When a congregation was established, Reverend Long became the first pastor of the church.
The church officially associated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God (headquarters in Springfield, Missouri).
The congregation acquired the Maple Grove School in Brave as its first permanent home.